Sunday 19 August 2012

Carnival Night

Dear Diary,

It was the local carnival yesterday. After meeting Janie and stocking up on real-ale and such, we proudly strolled through the street with crowds of people either side of the road, telling this tiny town's relationship rumour mill that we are together. After returning to the dog-sitting house, we went out and met her mate, bumping into Uncle and Soul en route. A sea of people strutted all about the square, bands played, and I was happy in the company of my beauteous beloved paramour all evening.

We met her mates, went for a drink in a bar I was previously banned from (for scrapping, my only fight in well over a decade - I am, for most part, a pacifist). A hippy (OED definition 'anti-materialist').

I'm over the moon that my partner respects my feelings, cares for me, and is faithful. I was beginning to think that all women are unfaithful. Women are like cats, and men, like dogs.

After a time we went home, but only had a few hours sleep. Today we shared time in entrancing divine entwined embrace. Ahh, l'amour: c'est belle. I am happy for once. We are happy - together. It's like a dream come true.

Janie is a new lease of life. I must not, however, become so distracted away from my studies. I was going to go over and spend the night with her again, but need to get this assignment put to bed instead. That'll leave us free to frolic about in the forest, go fossil-hunting, have picnics on the beach, go to festivals, and make memories tender and sweet. God I love her so much.

Yours,

Maxx.