Thursday 23 August 2012

Vanity

Dear Diary,

I just had the quote for the oil painting portrait of me, it's dear, but I adore paintings of musicians, especially when they're of me! It means some serious busking and gigging to pay for the masterpiece. I've arranged to meet him at an old Tudor brothel, the house of another master guitarist. Both these guys paint, and both are adept at playing Classical guitar. I am going to be a poor church mouse for the next month or two, but it's a small price to pay for art. I am a lucky man, and it's simply through moving in artistic circles. It's all down to the founders of Frestonia (an area like Christiania in Copenhagen or Berkeley campus in the States) and of course, through that lot, thanks to Janie. Without her this may not have been possible. I'm gonna busk my little bum off this week, rain or shine.

Max.