Saturday 18 August 2012

Philosophy

Dear Diary,

I'm playing devil's advocate whilst being a 'Forum whore' at University. The debate is regarding relics in Buddhism, with parallels to Christian relics. I was in a band called 'The indecisive philosophers' because we didn't know what we were: aethists, Taoists, Christians, Buddhists, et cetera. This morning I wanted to be a Franciscan monk, now I'm arguing the rational secular viewpoint: that stones and bones of Holy people have no 'magical' properties; that it's purely in the mind of the perciever believer, that these relics have any special powers. It's psycho-somatic, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I believed for many years that when you die, whatever you think may happen will happen. Chemicals are released in the brain (DMT) that make one hallucinate, seeing tunnels of light, or firey Hades. Alas, I am a waverer. Not knowing what is true. Still, it seems logical to argue a down to earth rational viewpoint.

"My god is patriotism" - Andrew Carnegie.

Stay On the Flex,

Maximus.