Wednesday 22 August 2012

Stay On the Flex

Dear Diary,

Today has been ... interesting. The market was called-off, I manage to scrounge a little bit of tobacco, if only for looking after the dogs for them.

I was well into engaging on the forums, and decided to take a day off from the assignment. Reading about the mcabre is finally getting to me. All work and no play... and all that jive. [Pub crawl followed by meeting Janie]

...the next day... {Today}

I would like to have get stuck back into my assignment but was shattered after seeing Janie yesterday. I had a siesta after walking her into town, did some shopping with all of three squid, then finally crashed out. I was awoken by Uncle, gave him some books on philosophy I had borrowed, and am now feeling fuzzy. The final residual trace of a hazy daze leaves my body and spirit. My misty mind clears slowly, finding motivation to finish this elusive essay, I just want to get this module finished.

Yesterday I recieved notification of reserving a place on the next tier of learning: Mediæval to modern history. Nice.

Just prior to this I had dissapointed my tutor because of a controvertial forum post regarding blood, sugar, sex, magic. Not the Chillies, but voicing views on the sanctity of sex. Alas, I was crestfallen when I read the good Doctor's words, but immediately toned-down my previous post, and I hope this is more suitable for academic circles. I must learn to not be so ... kinky, fruity, with the content of my forum posts. It's all a learning curve, and I am reasonably confident that I can tackle this next module with a better outlook. Take scholsticism more seriously, not be to On the Flex, but more objective and moderate, stoic, use guarded language, and try not to be so radical, but my anarcomunitarist ideology will ever be my psyche. I am fully indoctrinated: education in philosophy, namely Hume and Roussou when I go on to tackle the module: from Enlightenment to Romanticism. If I try hard enough I can attain my goal: distinction. Even if I fall short of my desired aim, I can but try my best. Merit, pass, 2:1, 2:2, it's all good. I would like a first as it would be a first for my family, my well-educated brothers. Scoring marks of 85% consistently is tough. I know others, perhaps intellectually my superiors have tried and succeeded. Yet two things keep me going, 1) When Pangloss (who has an I.Q. in excess of 195!) said, "It's not often I meet someone who is gifted - intellectually - but when I meet such a person, I know straight away. You Maxwell, are one of those precious few." I am not 139 like the test I took, the test was wrong.

2) My marks have improved consistently, getting better all the time.

So, although my grades are a good ten to fifteen percent lower than is needed, I can try and try and try to attain distinction, honours, and one day, a Doctorate. Master of Arts. Professor of History. Ambition and motivation are wedded.

Stay On the Flex,

Maximus.