Saturday 8 September 2012

Old Timey

Dear Diary,

Well well. Life certainly takes a strange tact sometimes... I arrived with a spring in my step, went into town, and met the Master of Guitar (Professor of music from UCLA) in his Tudor lodgings. All was amicable, except that Ron tried to jump from the first floor window. I was invited to a jam in said Tudor dwelling, a party soon. Nice.

The good Doctor had an eccentric friend, a Lord, who wanted a drunken barn dance hoot nanny ho down banjo, fiddle, and gee-tar for a gig. We made the call, and cinched the gig. Excellent! I charged him less than a tonne. The Professor played banjo before he learned how to play Classical guitar. So we make a trio for a few numbers. The (Land) Lord said he'd sit in on a few on the Blues Harp. Groovy.

Alas, after tea and guitar, I went busking for about five minutes, then, went to the pub. The first establishment we went to had the virtuoso's electrical bicycle outside of it, unlocked. It had dwelt there for three days after he'd taken the boat to the port of Beer. It is nice to see that no-one took the velo, that's Dorset I guess: safe as houses.

I asked if I could play. The house said yes. I played some southern rock slide, ...Curtis Lœwe, Amos Moses, U.S. Male, which met with a sea of smiles and a round of applause. I was the Flex.

The next pub didn't go so well. I was not permitted to play. This bugged me, big-time. So, I sat directly outside the establishment and played my heart out! In the shadow of the sun beside the beach I really went for it! Pissed, shot-away, out to make a splash. Whence I returned unto the public house (a seaside pub I've been trying to get a gig at for one score years!) and shadowed the entertainment manager into the storehouse, to have a word with the underling. The fellow reiterated that I am unwelcome to play music, I asked if he'd heard me, said he had not heard me playing «faux» alas, I retorted by saying "I normally charge £200!" Turned about, and left immediately.

Other events have passed, too trivial to blog about. Aye. On the Flex.

Maximus.