Sunday 9 September 2012

Switched-On

Dear Diary,

A tiff with my beauteous paramour over ma petite ami Française. Oh well. We watched an interesting doc' on the Tudors. Now she slumbers as I regard "Our War" and the episode about the Lancasters in Operation Wasps Nest: intense action: inspirational stuff. Our very own Black Hawk Down. There is a tale to be told, scrivvened for idle amusement and as Carnegie said: the god that is patriotism. Aye. The other episode on the Welsh Guards: The Lost Platoon was inspiration for a climax to the collection of war-stories I am writing.

Anyway, looks like Jane crashed out early on the sofa again, alas, I sleep with owt but lil' Ronnie for companionship and cuddles, maybe she'll have forgotten our tiny tiff and I'll be lucky enough to get another glorious morning wakeup call from her; though I'm not hedging my bets on that eventuality happening. Bugger.

Maximus.